Beautiful silver necklace made by Rauhala Koru. ‘Säde’ is Finnish and translates to ‘Ray’.
Material details and dimensions
Made of 925 silver. The size of necklace is 22 mm. Chain length 70 cm. Silver used in jewellery is 75% recycled and the rest 25% is mainly from Sweden. Additional parts of jewellery, such as hooks are from reliable european contributors.
Silver is precious metal that tends to become oxidized over time. Careful storage of silver will prevent it from tarnishing. Do keep silver jewellery in a box when not in use. It’s yet easy to renew the gloss by cleaning the jewellery with silver polish. The easiest way to clean matt or three-dimensional silver jewellery is to use liquid polish. You also can wash your jewellery with dish soap and a soft brush. As hairspray and other cosmetics may accelerate tarnishing of your jewellery, it’s best to put on the jewellery on top. Jewellery will also last longer if you do not have them on while you sleep.
The jewellery designed by Rauhala Koru are not silver-plated. Silvering is a common treatment that can prevent silver jewellery from tarnishing. However, such process requires chemicals that the designer wants to avoid. The jewellery may be thereby more susceptible to tarnishing. Regular upkeep preserves the beauty of your jewellery.